Monday, January 12, 2009

Life in Queens

Hi everybody. I'm still in New York and I'm having a great time with grandma in Long Island. And just when I thought it couldn't get any better, DADDY flew into town! And then again, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, Daddy took me to see Mommy in Queens. Then mommy and daddy came back to grandma's house and we all spent the night together! And just when it couldn't get any better, it started to snow. I knew exactly what snow was because on my favorite episode of Caillou it snows. Snow is cold and slippery, and slippery is a word I didn't know until I came to New York. Look at me with Daddy. We're walking to the park in Forest Hills. Even though Daddy is from New York, he wasn't used to the cold weather. He's wearing mommy's hat! It was too icy to play at the park, but it was fun trying.
Here I am in the elevator at Mommy's apartment building. I'm a big fan of apartment buildings because apartment buildings have elevators and there are lots of people walking in and out all the time and there's also a basement with a laundry room and as you should already know, I love doing laundry, especially in the basement because you get to take the elevator up and down. I also love saying hello to all the old ladies who live in the building, and they love saying hello to me, too.












Boy was it cold outside, but that's okay because when it's cold there's ice, and when there's ice there are crunches to be made with my shoes, because that's what happens when you walk on the snow that has turned to ice. You have to be very careful on the ice or you fall. I've fallen quite a few times already. That's why I like to hold mommy's hand when we walk down the street.



This is the horsey outside of the grocery store where mommy shops for groceries. That horse was broken, but I sat on it and tried to ride it anyway. All the people who passed me tried to give me a quarter. The people in Queens are very nice. Even the man at Dunkin Donuts was nice. He gave me two free munchkin holes when mommy went in to buy a coffee, but I didn't eat them because I don't like donuts. I don't like anything. Just cheese.



See that building way off in the background? That's mommy's apartment building.


















Dunkin Donuts, A convenience store, a liquor store, a nail salon, and a pizza place, all across the street from mommy's grocery store and hair salon.






Here's me and mommy outside of her apartment building. We wer playing catch, my favorite game in the whole world.
Would you believe I've spent five days with grandma in Long Island, and then I got to spend two days in Queens with mommy. When I'm at the aparatment with mommy I love to sit in the window and look out at all the tall apartment buildings lit up at night. During the day I like to watch the kids going to school and when the window is open I yell out - HI! HI!
Today I got to swiffer the floor, then I got to mop the floor, and then I helped mommy do the laundry by carrying the detergent and then I carried the money when the detergent got too heavy, and then I got to push the button to turn the dryer on, and then I got to carry the empty hamper back to the apartment. And after dinner I got to throw the trash in the trash chute. Life is good.
Tomorrow grandma is coming to take me back to Long Island for five more days. That's five days with grandma and grandpa and bube and grandma's walking friend Neil and Aunt Rochelle and Stacey and Stacey's son Noah. While I'm having fun with all my peeps, Mommy is going to be missing me very very very much. On Saturday Daddy will come back into town and then Mommy and Daddy will take me back to New York on the 20th. I'm a world class traveler.
Okay bath time. After my bath I put on my Winnie the Pooh slippers that grandma bought me and dance around the living room until it's time to go to bed and read three books about Dinosours under mommy's blue star. When I see the blue star I sing TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR and I tell mommy not to turn it off.

No comments: